Welcome to Step Four - the final step in my Morning Skincare Ritual - 5 Minute Facial Massage using our Golden Glow Facial Oil ✨
Facial massage has been a staple in Chinese medicine for centuries, known for its ability to improve skin health and appearance.
By moving our lymphatic system, we are able to cleanse and remove toxins from the body. Unlike the circulatory system, the lymphatic system doesn’t have its own pump, so it requires our participation to move it. This is achieved by massage and exercise.
Facial massage is fundamental for stimulating circulation and lymphatic drainage, resulting in a clearer, brighter, more toned and sculpted complexion.
Remember to use a facial oil or serum to avoid pulling or tugging on the skin when you do the massage.
To sculpt and tone your skin after hydrating and moisturizing, try this 5 minute facial massage:
- Start by using a gentle sweeping motion to your forehead. Repeat for 20 strokes.
- Next, sweep upwards on a 45 degree angle across your cheekbones. Again for 20 strokes. Be sure to move wih the natural contours of the face and avoid pulling on the skin.
- Continue with your eyelids. Start by holding the upper outer edge of the brow to prevent pulling on the eyelid. 20 strokes across in a slight upward motion. Repeat on the other side, again for 20 strokes.
- Massage the smile lines by making an "O" shape with your lips and sweeping outwards towards the edges of your face on a slight 45 degree angle. Again, for 20 strokes.
- Move onto the brow bone. Massage to relieve tension and uplift. Again, for 20 strokes.
- Move onto the Crows Feet, applying 20 strokes from the outer edges of the eyes outwards.
- Finally ending with your neck. Begin by bringing your tongue to the roof of your mouth and lifting your chin. Massage the front of your chin for 20 strokes. Then massage the sides of your neck downwards for 20 strokes.
Give this facial massage exercise a try - I’d love to hear how it works for you! It was a total game changer for me! ✨
With Love, Chun-Mui xx